Friday, October 4, 2013

From Missouri, to Florida!

After three long travel days, we arrived in Stuart, Florida! It is very beautiful here, and the church is right next to the ocean. How cool is that? There's also a Starbucks only five minutes from the church. Oh, how I've missed Pumpkin Spice Lattes.The Blue Team has some serious addictions to coffee but we especially love Starbucks. A lot of the team has gold cards and I'm working on getting one as well. So far I only have one star... but I hope to get a gold card by the end of the travel year.

The church here in Stuart, also has a private school that uses the same buildings. So they've asked us to run some of their chapels. During one of the mornings fifteen youth realized they didn't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. One of the girls said she prayed a prayer when she was little. So our youth minister asked then why are you saying you need Jesus to save you. She replied, "All my life I've known about God, but I don't know God" That along with a couple of other stories there have been some miraculous changes!

If you haven't heard, I've been very sick for the past two weeks. I've seen a doctor and even the emergency room! That was an adventure. However, today I am feeling much better and the prayers of many have meant a lot! I hope to be able to go back to services and teach again soon!


Through two weeks of not feeling good at all and just laying in a bed, I keep asking myself,
"God, what are you trying to teach me?"

Well, today I believe I got my answer.

God has been convicting me of the words that come out of my mouth. Specifically in the area of complaining.

"Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining..."
Philippians 2:14 (AMP)

As you can guess, I'm very sick of being sick. I would like to be healthy enough to do everything again and eat what I want. That being said a lot of what comes out of my mouth are things to just complain about. Or even if I don't say them I'm thinking them. Every time I start to make a big deal of something God whispers in my ear, "Do all things without grumbling... and complaining..."

It's not easy and nobody's perfect. Yet, I definitely see my problem and I need Jesus to help me to be more grateful.

What are you grateful for today?

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment