Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Belleville, Michigan!

Yesterday was the last day of our Summit in Belleville, Michigan at Bethany Bible Church! The summit went very well, we saw lives changed, and hearts turned toward Jesus. However, I'm very sad to be leaving my host family.


Below is a picture of them and some other life action team members! My host parents are Paul and Tammy Rice and they're kids are Justin, Leah, and Erin. This picture is of us attending Erin's high school football game, she's in the marching band! Justin is sitting next to his fiance, Lisa. Justin and Lisa are getting married on March 23, 2013.

Paul was diagnosed with Bone Marrow cancer in July this summer and has been having chemo treatments for the past few weeks. They plan on having a bone marrow transplant in January of next year, and he should be better by the time Justin and Lisa get married and before Erin graduatues in May. Please keep them in your prayers today, as Paul's mom was rushed to the hospital on monday night. Her brain is bleeding and they've seen her physically deteriorating in just 3 hours time. Yet, the doctor said she is doing better and is on her way to recovering. This was obviously hard for their family with Paul's recent cancer treatments and almost losing their grandmother, was a lot for the family.

Below there are also a coupler pictures of the kids my coworkers and I taught for the past couple of weeks! They were all precious and very fun to teach! I'm going to miss them but I can't wait to meet the new kids we'll be teaching for three weeks on Sunday morning. Our next church is in Grand Rapids, Michigan at Remembrance Church.

However, today two of my team members and I are on our way to Indiana for a conference, called True Woman with 8,500 woman attending. Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and Joni Eareckson Tada, and several other speakers will be there all weekend! I'm very excited to be going and feel very blessed with the opportunity to go as several times it almost didn't work out. Clearly God wants the three of us to be going and has been making ways for it to work out! Even now we are still battling for our preset hotel reservations but God is good and it's all going to work out! Please keep us in your prayers :)

Lastly, if you have not heard my laptop has been in poor condition for the past couple of weeks and is completely unusable. (Im currently using my phone to type all this out) My dad just got it in the mail today he will hopefully be able to get it fixed so that I can continue to keep everyone updated as well as help plan my best friends wedding who will be getting married when I get home for Christmas break! As you can imagine trying to be a maid of honor on the road isn't the easiest of jobs but I'm doing my best! Please continue to be praying for me and the church we will be at for the next three weeks, thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment