Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Little Q&A Time... Plus Some Pictures!

Alright, so a lot of you have asked some questions and I took some time to sit down and answer as many as possible! And there's lots of fun pictures too :)

Q. What does my day look like?

A.

8:00-8:30 Breakfast

9:00-12:15 Training Session

12:30-1:00 Lunch

1:00-2:00 Free Time

2:00-5:30 Training Session

6:00-6:30 Dinner

7:30-9:00 Training Session

10:30 In Cabins

11:00 Lights Out

11:30 Phone and Computer Curfew

So basically, i'm in training all day or eating a meal. Except on Saturday and Sunday, we still have stuff to do on those days but it's more relaxed. 

Q. What exactly am i doing?

A. I'm a children's minister for kids ages 4-7 years old, in a ministry called Life Action. Life Action is a revival ministry for churches, that travels across the country, and to parts of Canada. We will be leaving, on September 7th, for the travel year! As a team (i'm on the blue team) we travel for 9 months out of the year, besides Christmas break which i will be gladly spending at home!

Q. What are the different teams, and why do they do different things?

A. Because Life Action is seeking revival in America, the three different teams are Red, White, and Blue. The White team goes to smaller churches for Thirst Conferences which are 4 days long (not including set up and tear down days), and they also do 8 day summits. The Red team goes to medium sized churches and primarily does 11 day summits but sometimes do 15 day summits which are considered a full summit. The Blue team goes to the bigger churches, and primarily does a full summit. However, sometimes we do 8 day summits as well.


Q. Where am I going?

A. I am making a column to the right side of my page that will list where our destinations are going to be. But our first stop is in Belleville, Michigan!

Q. What do i miss the most about home?

A. My family and friends. I wish i could be at home to see my little brother grow up and I wish I could be there for my best friend to help her plan her wedding. My sister and brother-in-law are also in a musical that i won't be able to see them perform in, so I mss them and I wish I could be there to help support them with that. I think familiarity with where I am and knowing where everything is, is also hard.

Q. What am i most excited about this year?

A. Growing. Growing in my relationship with Jesus, growing my connections with people, growing with patience for children, and making some life long memories and relationships.


My friend Brittany!


A couple of my good friends! Morgan on the left and Danielle on the right.


We put a team together to play volleyball just for fun. We didn't win any games but that's okay we just wanted to have fun! 
Me, Morgan, Nathan, and Jonathan


The Blue Team after we had challenges against the other teams.



They let us go shopping for props in a store call Fun F/X which is basically a giant warehouse that sells stuff like Party City... but better :) 

Top: My cabin mom Kendra and my other friend Angela!
Bottom: My friend Danielle and Me at Chili's after a long day of prop shopping for the year.

Jimmy Herdklotz telling us about goal setting for the year. 

We wanted to watch a movie on something more comfortable than the floor... so we took a mattress through the woods to the movie :) 


When my package came in!

It was filled with love, pictures, and letters from my family!


Waiting for the commissioning service to begin with Trysta on the left and Kendra on the right.


Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Me! This picture is of us at her house. She invited the girls over for s'mores and talking time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment