Monday, March 24, 2014

The Latest and Greatest of My Travels…

So a quick fill in on what's been happening!

We had a summit in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Phenomenal. Loved the church, all the people were amazing including my host family! We felt so incredibly loved as a team, and more importantly the testimonies where incredible. To say, "God moved in Temple Baptist Church" is an understatement. 
A short favorite testimony of mine would be from a dad of one of the Happy Heart City kids. He said the Lord had showed him his love for hunting had grown so much, he placed it above his family. Since then, he's barely touched any of his hunting gear. Not to mention he gave some of his stuff to a team member of ours, which happens to include a giant spear. It's actually really cool I held it.  However, that is just a short to the point testimony I heard out of several given during the services.

We had the opportunity to ride horses at one of the host homes! It was a blast and at the end of the night we watched Thor 2 on a huge screen outside under the stars. 


On Sunday mornings we had an average of 80 kids! This is a picture of me sharing the love of our Savior and how he died on the cross for all our sins. 


If you didn't know, because I didn't, during Mardi Gras season in the king cake they put these baby dolls inside the pastry. According to tradition whoever finds it has to buy the king cake for the next year. Yup, I found it!



My close friends Trysta and Hunter got engaged on our last weekend in Mississippi! They've also asked me to be a bridesmaid in the wedding! So beyond excited for them!


After our summit in Mississippi ended, I had the privilege of going home! I was only there for a short 5 days so please don't be upset if I didn't contact you. I've come back on the road refreshed and fueled with love from my family! We went bowling, mini-golfing, out to dinners, and shared a lot of laughter together. 


I got to spend special time with my dad, and it was so nice! I love and miss him very much. He's an enormous example to me of being generous to those who are in need and placing all my trust in Christ.


This is Samson. My brothers' dog whom I love dearly! We had a great time playing outside in the gorgeous Phoenix weather.

However, I had to say goodbye to 72 degrees of sunshine and am now reunited with my team in Bartlett, Tennessee (right next to Memphis). I'm also incredibly excited because I get to sit through all of the services! I've never sat through the whole summit before! Last year when I was sitting through, I had to run home for a couple of emergencies with my best friends wedding and I missed the second week. I'm so very ecstatic for this much needed time. I'll be listening intently to see how God wants to change my heart.
Please be in prayer for me that God would speak clearly, and that I would listen and obey his voice.

Thank you all for your prayers, love, and support!

Instagram
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment