Monday, March 31, 2014

An Important Announcement...

Hello faithful readers

I have some very exciting news to share with you all!


After much prayer and council God has directed me to stay for another year in Life Action Ministries. This decision was not easy or based off of just my personal desire to stay. In the past some have said that I am “running away” from growing up, getting a job, or going to school. Please understand it’s much more than that.



  
If you did not know, when I was a Junior in High School I was fervently praying the Lord would clearly guide me in the direction I should go after graduation. I had all the same desires as my classmates. Go to college, have a roommate, the time of my life and so on. However, God had a different plan in mind for me. One night, after I had read my bible, I was praying once again about my future decisions. I asked God, “Do you want me to go to Life Action or college?”
And to my surprise I audibly heard God say, “You know you’re going to Life Action, Right?” I smiled and said, “Yes”.

(This picture was taken just a week after God and I had that conversation)

He wanted me to travel, teach kids, live with people I didn’t know, and basically have zero independence all over again. Not exactly what I had in mind. I always knew Life Action was an option. My mom started traveling as soon as she graduated high school and stayed for four years!


  
Now I’m here, with some incredible people that have grown to be life long friends of mine. As I'm preparing for year three, I’m not going to be just a teacher in Happy Heart City. I have accepted the position as leader for my kids club (ages 4 through first grade)! After being in charge a couple of churches ago I know that it’s not an easy job or something to be taken lightly. So I am mentally preparing for August and what it will be like. I can’t wait for another great year of teaching the little ones.





 I have a great peace about staying and I’m so grateful for everyone’s love, prayers, and encouragement. Yet, when you are a full time missionary you have to raise support. I haven’t been told what the cost is for next year. However, last year we had to raise $3,500 for just the yearly fee. After I’ve raised that much, any additional money given will be given once a month as a stipend to help me pay for what I need. Such as toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, razors, etc. This is my main source of income to pay for these things and therefore it is quit important I raise enough to pay for what I will need.

If you feel called to give then you can go HERE and put in my name (Conrad, Marina). Every donation helps no matter how small!




Thank you all again, I look forward to another year of serving in children’s ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment