Friday, May 6, 2016

Be Still

For someone like me who likes to stay busy the idea of, "Be still and know that I am God" can sound to be frank very boring.

However, God is not boring, He's mesmerizing. Although I may not always want to be still when I take time to do as Psalm 46:10 says, the realigning of my mind can be transforming and I look at my circumstances differently.

Yet, this does not necessarily mean that you must sit down, be quiet and stay there for several hours. No, being still can happen in the middle of the day. Being still can happen during a worship service when you are in the presence of the Lord and you can't help but be still and know that He is God. When you have had it up to "here" with other people and their crud. When you've been fighting all day, week, month, year to keep sane during the constant waves of life, be still. 

Because at the end of the day with whatever it may be that's flooding your mind God is stronger than our struggles. He knows better than anyone else and you don't have to put up with it alone.
So, "be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid nor terrified because of them. For the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

You are not in this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment