Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Longboards, Ice Cream, and God's Grace...


This is my friend Trysta. She enjoys longboarding and ice cream. 
Trysta travels with me on the blue team as a singer. 
I took these pictures, at our last summit in Porter, Texas. We're actually rooming together this summit, so you might see more of her later. 

So far, this summit has been going really well! It started off not so great when Trysta got sick with a twenty-four hour bug the second day we arrived here. Then a couple days later I got the bug, with a 101. something fever. I'm now just trying to get my voice back to normal. Sometimes throughout the day I have literally sounded like a man. I'm not proud.
Not to mention I had a lesson last night, and well you can imagine how that sounded. There is nothing like having no voice and then trying to be louder so that people can hear you. No seriously, there's nothing. No noise came out of my mouth. Then a co-worker of mine gave me a water bottle, that helped a lot. As well as prayers. I knew it was going to be hard to teach that way, but I prayed for grace and knew that God knew the outcome of the lesson. So even though at the end of my application,   I felt like I was ending one of the worst lessons I had taught all year, as soon as i finished and prayed two of my co-workers ran up to me to tell me that, that was the best I had taught that lesson all year, and that I should lose my voice more often. God is so good! I still don't even feel like it went that well but I have continually been encouraged from people about how well it did go. 
So I'm praising God, who works through his children and uses them when they don't feel useful. 

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."
Romans 8:28

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment