Monday, March 9, 2015

When Crayons Make You Cry...

Hi from the Blue Team in Harrison, Tennessee!
Services just ended yesterday and I just had to share with you something God did for us teachers!
The other night as we were signing in kids a little girl gave us a hand made card. 
It expressed how she had loved coming to Happy Heart City and that she was thankful for all she had learned. Along with the card was a little box of 24 brand new crayons. I immediately was filled with love and joy. Feeling incredibly grateful for a brand new box of crayons. She knew we needed them because our old ones are so shot and gross. Many of them 1/4 of an inch long. We had been needing new crayons for months. Just a week or so ago I put a request for 192 new crayons. Which can take a long time to get. Like maybe by May sometime we would get them. No joke. 
I was already starting to try and figure out how to use them. 
Should I just add them to the bucket? 
Or should I look for our worst crayons to through away?
How can I best use these without ruining them?
Every night when we do craft and we have to hand out little bits of crayons for the kids to use I feel so bad. But now we have some new ones to add to the group. So it will be a little better. 
Then another little girl came in with her own little baggie of crayons for the same reason. She wanted to bless us with some new crayons, knowing we needed them.
How sweet can they be?
That was so thoughtful of them. 
When the kids were signed in we got started with the rules. 
When the children's minister from the church came in and said,
"Stop! I need all the teachers to the front! The kids have something they want to bless you with" 

She was holding a huge box in her hands and she said, 
"Kids what are the two things the Happy Heart City teachers needed the most?" 
The kids shouted, "Crayons and markers!" 
At that point one of the little girls Caris (5 years old) had the biggest grin on her face and she said, 
"This is going to bless y'all's life so much!"
Kerri handed us the giant box filled with hundreds and hundreds of new crayons and new sharpies. 
Never in my life has a church been so thoughtful and sweet.
I stood there with the other teachers just in complete shock. 
I may have shed some tears. May have... ok I didn't but I definitely wanted too!
Their kindness was huge to not only our teachers but for me personally... my heart was full. 
Even after that night parents would come in with more and more crayons, highlighters, and sharpies. 
This was huge, and all I had hoped for was 192 crayons by May. 
Thank you God for going above and beyond our needs. 
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment