Sunday, March 3, 2013

Collierville, Tennessee



This is Eddie.


He's my host family's dog. It started to snow on Saturday and he was freaking out a little bit. I was actually also startled by it, seeing snow falling from the sky is such a rare occurrence for me in general but having it in March was quite the rarity. For the rest of the day my roommate and I spent it with our host sisters. We had so much fun just getting to know them, thrift shopping, drinking coffee, basically cruising all around Memphis. It makes me sad that it's almost time to go.

Today was the end of the summit and on Tuesday morning I'll be flying back home to Phoenix for a few days. My team's band is leading worship for a conference next weekend and they don't need any children ministers, so I'm free to go home for a few days. I"m looking forward to being home for a little bit, I miss my bed... and my family. However, I am also going to miss my host family. They've been so much fun to be around and a huge blessing to stay with.

Another blessing this summit was how God brought more children than we've had in any church, as many as over seventy kids on a Sunday morning. At the beginning of the summit we had a little girl named Sarah who was so incredibly shy she wouldn't even come into the room. Tonight Sarah's mom had tears in her eyes as she explained to us that on their drive to church she was talking to Sarah about having a relationship with Jesus. Sarah told her mom that she understood the gospel and was ready to accept Him as her Lord and Savior. Sarah and her mom went into the hall and prayed together and when she came back in as teacher's we rejoiced because we had a new sister in Christ.


So glad to have taught Sarah and many other wonderful children like her these past few weeks.

Here's just a few other things I've been up to while I've been in Collierville, Tennessee.




I went to lunch with some friends. Every summit the four of us go to lunch together. We're the only new girls on the team so we usually try to do something at each summit. We tried a local restaurant, and that's always an adventurous choice because you never really know what you're getting into.

I've also been editing a lot. Here's some fun shots of a shoot I did on Valentines day for two very fun couples.



I still have a lot of packing to do considering I take practically everything I own with me in two suitcases pack and unpack it all every two and a half weeks. I'm becoming a pro at packing though. Once again thanks for reading The Not-So-Secret-Life I greatly appreciate it!

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment